• Master of Fine Arts Degree:
Thesis: Creative Work Done for the Public Good
• Master of Arts Degree:
New Jersey City University
Thesis: Engaging Secondary Educators in Media Literacy
Using the Engagement Theory
• Bachelor of Studio Arts Degree:
Montclair State University
• Associate of Studio Arts Degree:
Raritan Valley Community College
• WORK EXPERIENCE:
New Jersey City University;
Jersey City, NJ
3/18 – Present
Director of Creative Services
• Oversees a design team comprised of a creative services production manager and two graphic designers and student assistants.
• Oversees the implementation, production and analysys of all creative concepts that are used in all communication media including print, event branding, online marketing, website and special projects, including President’s Report and Capital Campaign.
• Manage and monitor yearly photography, videography, print and production budget.
8/14 – 3/18
Director of Marketing for Digital Media and Special Projects
• Developed communication and marketing plans for special projects, including development efforts, University partnerships within a unified brand.
• Acted as liaison with internal and external stakeholders (senior administration).
• Oversaw preparation of marketing materials for the University’s academic programs, including media placement, printed brochures, rich media presentations, web pages, and other ephemera as needed for President’s outreach initiatives.
• Created additional advertising and submits material to journals, associations or other external media, either proactively or in response to executive level requests.
• Developed communication and/or marketing plans for presidential events, development efforts and University partnerships.
9/10 — 8/14
Assistant to the Dean for College Communicatons and External Relations, William J. Maxwell College of Arts and Sciences
• Provided overall strategic leadership and direction for the brand and marketing initiatives of the William J. Maxwell College of Arts and Sciences.
• Work collaboratively and effectively with others on campus to create and carry out a coherent, broad-gauged and long-term strategy through which NJCU and specifically the WJM CAS can be a connected, committed and contributing member of the community and can enhance the quality of life within the community.
• Worked with faculty and the community to offer unique academically enriching experiences for the students of NJCU that include, but is not limited to soliciting esteemed guest lecturers from around the world to visit the campus, coordinate the annual research seminar, plan the annual Naturalization Ceremony.
• Managed marketing activities, including outreach, events, and social media.
• Coordinated annual Distinguished Alumni Reception.
• Acted as liaison to National Park Service—Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island as well as to librarians within our local library consortium
• Built effective relationships with all members of the administration and provide guidance on a wide range of publications needs in both print and digital media
• University publication and print design for the Division of University Advancement
Adjunct Professor (as needed):
• Preparation of Art for Print
• Introduction to Advertising Design
• Orientation to College
• Educational Technology Thesis
8/00 – 9/01
Marketing and Graphics Specialist:
• Web and print design, creative input with corporate branding, coordinating and creating web graphics, recruiting and managing of intern’s time, press release writing.
Cordis Endovascular; A J&J company;
6/99 – 8/00
Marketing Communications Coordinator:
• Working with printers and vendors to ensure literature and premium item fulfillment; file manipulation and creative input.
• Assisting within the marketing communications department: electronic file manipulation, creative input.
• Working within the meetings and conventions department:
assisting to create organized and well-planned national meetings and conventions.
Basking Ridge NJ
9/98 – 6/99
• Developed and followed up on marketing leads, business writing, production related duties, file manipulation and creative input.
• PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS:
University & College Designer Association
Society of Illustrators
Art Directors Club of New Jersey
American Association of University Women
New Jersey Education Association
Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society